I have lots of exciting news to share with all of you this month. There are a few side projects starting to materialize and I can’t wait to share them all with you. Watch this space.
I partnered up with Noom to demonstrate my Goji Berry Breakfast Bombs at their London press event last week. It was super exciting to take a like minded group through the recipe and to watch them get as excited about healthy options as I do. Everyone was greatly encouraging and I was honoured to be there. I’m all for companies that support a healthy body image and encourage us to eat better and move more.
'Here at the Noom UK headquarters, TheModelFoodie’s Cinnamon Oat Goji Breakfast Bombs have exploded onto our d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s radar. Not only are they sugar and dairy free, these healthy bars are rich in antioxidants, iron and Vitamins A and C.' ~ Noom
Cinnamon Oat Goji Breakfact Bomb
Prep time 15min (4hours soak)/20min bake time
- 3/4 cup (62g) old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup (75g) unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup (34g) Ellement Active Vanilla Protein Blend
- 1 tsp. cinnamon, heaping
- ½ tsp. mixed spice
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ cup (100g) finely chopped almonds
- 1 cup (180g) Goji Berries, soaked for 4 hours
- 2 cups (250g) dates, roughly chopped
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 organic egg
Pre prep: rinse and soak your goji berries for 4 hours, until they become soft and squishy.
1) Preheat you oven 175°C / 350°F. In a food processor, finely pulse dates. Add the melted coconut oil, vanilla, egg and pulse until you have a sticky paste.
2) In a mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, coconut flakes, baking soda, cinnamon, mix spice, and chopped almonds. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the food processor, finally folding in the soaked Goji Berries. Taste the batter, if you prefer a sweeter biscuit, add a tablespoon of honey at a time.
3) Line a brownie tin with baking paper, spoon mixture fulling the tin evenly. Bake for 20 minutes, allow to cool and enjoy.
- Taylor Anderson (@TaylorCosmoBody)